Friday, September 10, 2010

Adorable

Here are the two fawns mentioned in the Post "New Additions" below, quite confused as to where their mother is. However, I saw their mother run up the trail outside that chain link fence, maybe spooked by Jack, the neighbor's horse, who is now a little unsure of these two tiny ungulates.  Of course Vicki calls them "adorable" I, on the other hand, think they are obnoxious.  The one on the left, I suppose Vicki has a name for him (I assume he's a buck), is as obnoxious as an ungulate can be.  He not only ate all my grape leaves, he devoured all, and I mean all, my Swiss Chard.  (Check below for my love of Swiss Chard.)

Anyway, here's a photo of the two "adorable" fawns trying to find their way back to mom with a befuddled Jack looking on.

2 comments:

  1. "Adorable" they truly are! I welcome them to share our garden and orchard fare as their presence enriches our experience on the ranch. Jack is pretty cute, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry they ate your garden delights, however, they ARE quite adorable to look at from afar.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete